As Michelle Obama celebrates her 47th birthday today, here are 47 things you didn’t know about about the First Lady:
1. Her nickname is “Miche” (pronounced “Meesh”).
2. Her husband calls her “My Rock”
3. Her father worked the swing shift in the boiler room at Chicago’s water purification plant.
4. She grew up with her older brother, Craig, and parents in a one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment. She shared the living room with her brother, which was separated by a room divider.
5. She and her brother both skipped a year at school – second grade.