Maybe sunburn isn’t the only kind of burn that sunbathers should fear.
A New York woman claims she suffered third-degree burns when the underwire in her bikini top became superheated during a 90-degree afternoon in the sun in August 2008.
“After about an hour, I was hurting,” 50-year-old Robin Corrente, of Yaphank, told The New York Post. “I went up to take a shower and I realized … I had a lot of blisters.”
Corrente reportedly went to a hospital where doctors removed a chunk of flesh about “the size of a dime” from her right breast.
She has filed a lawsuit against Swimwear Anywhere, the maker of her black Coco Reef bikini, in Manhattan Supreme Court.