Today we took time out to visit Northwest Community High School for “Vaccines for Teens” in which panelists spoke to students about the importance of vaccination and getting all the shots that they need for sports and the general school year. The Panelists included
· Tamika Catchings – Indiana Fever forward
· Bob Lanier – NBA Legend and Basketball Hall of Famer
· Rebekah L. Williams, MD, MS, FAAP – Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine
· John Kach – Meningococcal Disease Survivor
· Joan M. Duwve, MD, MPH – Director, Indiana State Department of Health
· Virginia Caine, MD – Director, Marion County Public Health Department
While the students were leaving the assembly I caught up with Tamika to further discuss exactly why this is so important!