Kelly Price was one of the last people to encounter Whitney Houston when she was alive. She and Kelly shared the stage at the “For the Love of R&B” Pre-Grammy Party” where they joyously sang and shared words. We’ll never know what Whitney whispered in Kelly’s ear (or what she wrote in that final letter to Brandy), but it’s clear that Whitney was like that older auntie who provided great wisdom despite her flaws.
“There are days when I literally can hear the things she said to me and I am grateful to have that audio to playback,” Kelly told us in an exclusive interview. “Our relationship was more sisterly,” she reminisced. “People got to see what we did together publicly as performers, but our relationship was more based on private conversations.”
Whitney had that affect on many who came in contact with her. Whitney’s legacy may be tainted with drug use, but people who really knew her think of her in a much more respectable light. “I think it’s despicable that people only want to remember the negative about her,” Kelly said.
Find out about their last encounter, above.
13 Iconic Whitney Houston Magazine Covers We'll Never Forget
1. 13 Iconic Whitney Houston Magazine Covers We'll Never ForgetSource: 1 of 15
2. 13 Iconic Whitney Houston Magazine Covers We'll Never ForgetSource: 2 of 15
3. OUT MagazineSource: 3 of 15
4. Ebony Magazine 2009Source: 4 of 15
5. InStyle MagazineSource: 5 of 15
6. VIBE MagazineSource: 6 of 15
7. Harper's Bazaar MagazineSource: 7 of 15
8. Seventeen Magazine 1991Source: 8 of 15
9. Ebony Magazine in 2012Source: 9 of 15
10. Rolling Stone in 2012Source: 10 of 15
11. Redbook Magazine in 1999Source: 11 of 15
12. Ebony Magazine in 1994Source: 12 of 15
13. JANE Magazine in 2000Source: 13 of 15
14. Rolling Stone in 1993Source: 14 of 15
15. Premiere Magazine in 1997Source: 15 of 15
Kelly Price On Last Encounter With Whitney Houston: ‘I Can Hear The Things She Said To Me’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com