Columbus Short was arrested and taken into custody in a Van Nuys courtroom.
Short has been a wanted man since last month when he failed to appear in his criminal domestic violence case, according to TMZ.
Short later appeared in a video that was posted to YouTube. In the video he claimed he was not coming back to the US and instead was going to buy a home in Barbados.
The judge was obviously none too happy and issued an arrest warrant for Short as a result. The bail was at $40,000.
The same judge became enraged about Columbus skipping yet another hearing this week. Short was still enjoying the island life in Barbados so the judge upped the bail to $500,000.
However, the former “Scandal” star showed up to face the music and was immediately arrested.
TMZ reports that Short had more than one hearing yesterday. The other hearing was for a criminal case stemming from a bar fight. But since he had been taken into custody he couldn’t appear for that hearing. So, the judge in the bar fight case issued a SECOND arrest warrant and set bail at $250K.
We’re not sure even Olivia Pope herself could fix this downward spiral of shame. Hopefully Columbus will get it together now.
29 Awesome "Scandal" Quotes
1. Olivia PopeSource:Disney ABC Television Group 1 of 12
2. Quinn PerkinsSource:Getty 2 of 12
3. Sally LangstonSource:Getty 3 of 12
4. FitzSource:Getty 4 of 12
5. Olivia PopeSource:Getty 5 of 12
6. HarrisonSource:Getty 6 of 12
7. Olivia PopeSource:Getty 7 of 12
8. JakeSource:Getty 8 of 12
9. Olivia PopeSource:Getty 9 of 12
10. HuckSource:Getty 10 of 12
11. LivSource:ABC Courtesy 11 of 12
12. Liv and FitzSource:Getty 12 of 12
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!