The rapper chatted about the highly anticipated album during Samsung’s Milk Music Lounge at the South by Southwest Festival. While A$AP is feeling the critical acclaim of his indie film Dope, he revealed his album is nearly completed and the sound will more than likely surprise everyone.
“Honestly, it’s finished. I’m mastering it right now. It’s coming soon. Seriously soon,” he said. “People really don’t know the other side of me. The deeper side, the more musical side, the more intellectual side. When I first came on the scene it was more of this trendy, bourgeois, pizazz attitude. That’s still me but at the end of the day I think that kind of overshadowed the whole purpose of me doing what I do. I’m an incredibly diverse artist, I’m a universal artist.”
While Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, and Drake have dropped surprise projects, the “Pretty Flacko” emcee says he’s staying clear of the trend. For now, he wants listeners to understand that his album is essentially his art.
“I don’t consider it a surprise — you put it out there and it’s art, that’s the surprise. I hope people are surprised by my album. I don’t know what to expect, I just do what I do”
He also revealed that a three-year song with FKA Twigs will be on the album, as well as a collaboration with Swedish singer/songwriter Lykke Li.
“I got one for you. [Long pause] Illz is thinking right now, like, “You know who it is!” Uh… [Long pause] Alright, fine. Three years ago, I did a song with Twigs. Also Lykke Li. Juicy J [who appears on single “Multiply”]. Clams Casino. I can’t give nothing else away.”
The rest of the Mob has stayed just as busy. A$AP Ferg is enjoying the success of his Ferg Forever mixtape and plans to hit Australia and New Zealand for the upcoming A$AP Mob tour. Check out the dates here.
SOURCE: Billboard | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Chanel Iman & A$AP Rocky's Most Stylish Moments (PHOTOS)
1. Chanel Iman is impressed by her man's sexiness in NYC.1 of 8
2. Chanel Iman & A$AP Rocky are picture perfect at Madison Square Garden.2 of 8
3. Chanel Iman shows off her streetwear style while giving Rocky a huge kiss.3 of 8
4. A$AP Rocky has his girl grilled out front row at a 2013 Jeremy Scott show in NYC.4 of 8
5. Does it get any better than this? Chanel & Rocky have date night in NYC.5 of 8
6. A$AP Rocky and Chanel Iman show off their million dollar smiles at the Mercedes-Benz amfAR Gala in NYC.6 of 8
7. We had to bring this back so you could see the whole outfit.7 of 8
8. Too fly...8 of 8
A$AP Rocky Talks New Album, Reveals Collaborations With FKA Twigs, Lykke Li was originally published on globalgrind.com