Just moments before Knight collapses, hitting his head, a judge set his bail at $25 million.
Knight is accused of running over Terry Carter, 55, and Cle “Bone” Sloan, 51, with his SUV. The former Death Row Records CEO was charged with murder, attempted murder, and two counts of a hit-and-run in January.
From the LA Times:
“Just, bam,” lawyer Matthew Fletcher said. “He’s unconscious right now.”
Deputy Dist. Atty. Cynthia J. Barnes said she believed Knight “did it in front of the cameras.” During the hearing to discuss the former rapper’s bail on murder and other charges, Knight’s left shoulder was twitching and he appeared to tense up.
In court, Fletcher argued for a lower bail amount, saying Knight was not a flight risk because he was recognizable. “If his name wasn’t Suge Knight, they wouldn’t have filed this case,” he said.
But Barnes, citing Knight’s numerous run-ins with the law and “more than two dozen police reports and an affidavit that implicate Knight in robberies, extortion, money laundering, assaults, witness intimidation and battery,” didn’t believe the steep $25 million price tag was enough. Knight’s bail was initially set at $2 million. It was revoked on Feb. 2 after Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department officials argued the music mogul was a flight risk, the LA Times reports.
Fletcher maintains that the bail set is excessively high. Knight’s condition is not immediately known at this time.
SOURCE: LA Times | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
34 Throwback Pics Of Suge Knight At His Least Threatening
1. Suge has a laugh while participating in a little turn up.1 of 32
2. The time he looked upset while taking a mugshot--rightfully so.2 of 32
3. The time he seemed to be throwing shade while Tupac was not in the mood to take pics.3 of 32
4. The time he looked genuinely perplexed.4 of 32
5. The time he almost smiled for a pic.5 of 32
6. The Death Row founder is seen minding his own business amidst a sea of photographers.6 of 32
7. Sometimes a cubano is just that good.7 of 32
8. The time he partied a little too hard.8 of 32
9. The time he kept it cool while on the red carpet.9 of 32
10. The time he rubbed shoulders with Benzino and Russell Simmons.10 of 32
11. The time he almost threw up a peace sign.11 of 32
12. When he got chummy and goofy with a lady friend.12 of 32
13. The ironic moment he and Metta World Peace--then Ron Artest--threw up peace signs.13 of 32
14. The time he thought he was too gangster to pull off a plaid shirt.14 of 32
15. The time he helped his friend show off an ill chain.15 of 32
16. The time he pointed to a guy.16 of 32
17. And then did it again.17 of 32
18. The time he was straight chillin'.18 of 32
19. The time he finally showed off his pearly whites.19 of 32
20. The time he did not understand.20 of 32
21. The time he hung out and pointed at Kanye.21 of 32
22. The time he winked at the camera.22 of 32
23. The time he was just being Suge Knight.23 of 32
24. The time he stared down his cigar.24 of 32
25. And then was completely unbothered.25 of 32
26. The time he cozied up to some ladies.26 of 32
27. Then snuggled another lucky gal.27 of 32
28. The time he towered over Jermaine Dupri.28 of 32
29. The time he hung out with some brunettes.29 of 32
30. Then played Santa to Tila Tequila.30 of 32
31. The time he made this fashion choice.31 of 32
32. The time he wore stripes.32 of 32
Here’s Suge Knight Collapsing In Court After A Judge Set His Bail At $25 Million was originally published on globalgrind.com