While promoting his 2014 release You’re Dead!, the L.A. musician mentioned there was another song he collaborated with Kendrick Lamar on, but for “political reasons” the song ended up getting cut from the final version of the album. Thankfully, fans were given “Never Catch Me” instead.
After his appearance on the BBC 1 Radio show, the previously unreleased song “Eyes Above” has found its way onto the ‘net.
“Thuggin on other planets, pluggin my black antennas,” raps Kendrick. “Buffalo soldiers at war, you shot fast, but that ain’t the final score,” he continues.
Kendrick Lamar’s sophomore album To Pimp A Butterfly has already gone gold, and it’s projected to go platinum before 2015 is out.
Listen to K.Dot go off on “Eyes Above” down under.
Kendrick Lamar Poses For Terry Richardson (PHOTOS)
1. Kendrick posing as Terry Richardson, with an added West Side flair.Source: 1 of 14
2. Kendrick Lamar x Terry Richardson at Terry's studio.Source: 2 of 14
3. Kendrick shows his silly side at the photoshoot.Source: 3 of 14
4. Hmm. If rapping doesn't work out well, Kendrick Lamar does have that model stare down pat.Source: 4 of 14
5. What can we say, Kendrick's a true Cali dude. #westsideSource: 5 of 14
6. Kendrick always represents the West.Source: 6 of 14
7. Side Profile.Source: 7 of 14
8. Gotta love Kendrick in this picture, too dope.Source: 8 of 14
9. Kendrick Lamar shares his views on cops through his shirt in this photo.Source: 9 of 14
10. Kendrick Lamar & The Poetic Justice Of A Good Kid shot for Document Magazine.Source: 10 of 14
11. Silly Kendrick Vs. Hip-Hop Kendrick. We love them both.Source: 11 of 14
12. We weren't lying when we said Kendrick reps the West to the fullest.Source: 12 of 14
13. Kendrick gets gangsta on the shoot and we're feeling it. Plus check out his tats.Source: 13 of 14
14. Kendrick Lamar for Document Magazine, Amazing shots by Terry Richardson.Source: 14 of 14
Flying Lotus & Kendrick Lamar “Eyes Above” (NEW MUSIC) was originally published on globalgrind.com