Scott Kemery, who rented the vehicle earlier this week, was surprised to find bedbugs in the back of the car on Tuesday. Remembering that a friend told him alcohol killed the insects, Kemery purchased some to saturate the bugs.
Then, needing a break from bug busting we suspect, he did the unthinkable. Kemery lit a cigarette, causing the car to burst into flames.
Two other cars were damaged in the blaze and Kemery suffered second and third degree burns.
We think a broom or an easy return of the vehicle would have worked out better for the driver.
SOURCE: ABC 11 | VIDEO CREDIT: NDN
So This Happened: Long Island Man Accidentally Blows Up Rental Car In Attempt To Kill Bedbugs was originally published on globalgrind.com