Earlier today, Kanye West was recognized by the School of the Art Institute of Chicago for his impact in hip-hop, music, and art overall, earning himself an honorary doctorate degree.
The “All Day” rapper and super-producer was given the degree from the college, where he followed it up with a full-length speech that was nothing short of what you could expect from Yeezy on the mic.
The speech and honor are certainly significant to `Ye, as he continuously expressed how his mother, Donda West, always wanted him to get his college degree, despite dropping out.
His wife, Kim Kardashian, also shared her excitement over the honor on Instagram, captioning the photo:
Dr. Kanye West!!!!!!! I’m so proud of you baby & I know your mom would be so proud too!!!!
Watch Kanye’s full acceptance speech of his honorary doctorate in the video above.
PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram, Getty
Kim, Kanye, & More Celebs Attend The TIME 100 Gala
15 photos Launch gallery
1. As usual, Bradley Cooper cleaned up nice.
1 of 15
2. Amy Schumer's hilarious stunt on the red carpet.
2 of 15
3. KimYe's priceless reaction.
3 of 15
4. Karlie Kloss and Naomi Campbell.
4 of 15
5. Selfie time with the director of "Empire," Lee Daniels.
5 of 15
6. Girl Power! Laverne Cox, Kim, and Naomi Campbell.
6 of 15
7. Kim and Lee Daniels.
7 of 15
8. Mr. and Mrs. West.
8 of 15
9. Kim embraces Martha Stewart.
9 of 15
10. The couple of the night.
10 of 15
11. All that power.
11 of 15
12. Yeezy hit the stage as well.
12 of 15
13. KimYe with Mia Farrow.
13 of 15
14. The Wests share a laugh with Gayle King.
14 of 15
15. The Wests sat alongside TIME's managing editor and Bradley Cooper.
15 of 15