ACThePlug caught up with Keith “One Time” Thurman at Punch Boxing for Fitness in Tampa, Florida during his workout in preparation for Saturday’s Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN bout.
After kicking off the conversation on how exactly he plans to knock out his opponent, former world champion Luis Collazo (36-6, 19 KOs), Thurman revealed why he thinks Floyd Mayweather allowed the loss of his latest title belt he earned after defeating Manny Pacquiao on May 2. Thurman also personally invited Floyd Mayweather to a match.
“You got a great American fighter right here. 25-0, 21 knock outs. Can’t wait to hurt you. All I wanna do is get my hands on you. I am not Canelo (Alvarez), I am not Maidana. I am not Pacquiao. I don’t come from a different country. I come from America. I come from where we both learned how to fight, you know. You were an Olympian. I was almost an Olympian, you know. You are a great athlete. I am a great athlete. You have yet to face Keith “One Time” Thurman. You got the Da Vinci Code, I have the Keith Thurman Test. Can you pass it? Because I don’t believe that you can.”
Floyd Mayweather Has Been Stripped Of The Title He Won From Manny Pacquiao
Thurman also talked about which artists he listens to while preparing for his Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN debut.
“It could be anywhere (from) Drake, DMX, Lil Wayne… I just throw on Pandora and go wild!”
The headlining show down will take place at the USF Sun Dome with FREE televised coverage beginning at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN. The televised opener will see Detroit native and undefeated rising star Tony Harrison (21-0, 19 KOS) taking on the quick-fisted Willie Nelson (23-2-1, 13 KOS).
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, Misty Copeland, & More
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Nelly and his bae Miss Jackson had a moment in New Orleans as he hosted a party at House Of Blues with Seagrams Gin.
Source:Exclusive Access @keepitexclusive
1 of 10
2. Look out, New York! Jennifer Lawrence was spotted apartment shopping in the Tribeca neighborhood of NYC.
2 of 10
3. Rihanna was hard at work and focused as she arrived for a late night session at a NYC recording studio.
3 of 10
4. Rita Ora looked on point in her Ozzy Osbourne vintage tee.
4 of 10
5. Safaree Samuels took his new model chick to thot paradise, aka South Beach, Miami.
5 of 10
6. Jermaine Dupri was so so def as he carried a bright orange Louis Vuitton bag.
6 of 10
7. J.Lo was keeping it gangsta in the Hamptons while on a break from filming "Shades of Blue" in NYC.
7 of 10
8. Beautiful ballerina Misty Copeland showed off her toned legs while out and about in the Big Apple.
8 of 10
9. Kendall Jenner was unbothered at the Chanel show as part of Paris Fashion Week: Haute Couture Fall/Winter 15/16.
9 of 10
10. So nice we added her twice. Here's Kendall Jenner again taking a selfie with some fans during Haute-Couture Fashion Week 2015 in Paris.
10 of 10
Keith Thurman Talks Knocking Out Collazo, Fighting Floyd Mayweather Hip Hop and More [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on hothiphopdetroit.com