Happy birthday, Robin Williams.
It’s been nearly one year since we lost the beloved comedian, and today he would’ve turned 64 years old. In the time since his tragic death, we’ve all had a chance to reflect on the mark he left on Hollywood and the rest of the world. Quite simply, it’s apparent just how special he was.
While his movies played a big part in our childhood, they also taught us valuable lessons. Whether we realized it or not, Robin was just as good at teaching us all a thing or two about life as he was at making us laugh uncontrollably.
Keep scrolling to relive the important life lessons we learned from Robin Williams’ movies in clips from Jumanji, Dead Poet’s Society, Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, Patch Adams, and more.
Embrace your inner weirdness.
Above all, laughter is the best medicine.
The less you give a fuck, the happier you’ll be.
You are who you are. Be proud of it.
How to trade insults with the best of them…
…And basically, kick ass.
The beauty in imperfections.
Finish what you start. Always.
How to politely reject that one creepy guy.
That the same advice for surviving a stampede can be applied to dealing with your past: Never look back.
Don’t underestimate the “cute” ones.
And never be afraid to stand up for what’s right.
Nobody is too good to get down and dirty.
And don’t forget to dance like no one is watching.
PHOTO & VIDEO CREDIT: Getty, YouTube
Robin Williams Through The Years (PHOTOS)
1. Robin Williams, Mork & Mindy, 19791 of 17
2. Robin Williams, Jumanji, 19952 of 17
3. Robin Williams, Jack, 19963 of 17
4. Robin Williams at a celebrity tennis event, 19994 of 17
5. Robin Williams, Jakob the Liar, 19995 of 17
6. Robin & daughter Zelda, 20016 of 17
7. Robin Williams after a standup performance in 20027 of 17
8. Robin Williams at a press conference, 20028 of 17
9. Robin & Harvey Fierstein, 20039 of 17
10. Robin Williams & daughter Zelda, 200410 of 17
11. Robin Williams during a standup routine, 200411 of 17
12. Robin Williams & Yogi Berra, 200412 of 17
13. Robin Williams & Robert Deniro, 200513 of 17
14. Robin Williams & Jack Black, 200614 of 17
15. Robin Williams & JoJo, TRL, 200615 of 17
16. Robin Williams & wife Susan, 200916 of 17
17. Robin Williams & Monique, 201017 of 17
The Unforgettable Life Lessons We Learned From Robin Williams’ Movies was originally published on globalgrind.com