It’s not a joke.
Nineteen-year-old rapper Chief Keef announced via social media that he just might retire the mic and pick things up in politics. Keef told Twitter he plans to run for mayor of Chi-Town, despite his fair share of run-ins with the Chicago Police Department in the past.
It was just last weekend that Keef’s highly anticipated hologram charity performance was unjustly shut down by Chicago police. Ironically, the rapper tweeted out the non-emergency services number of Mayor Rahm Emanuel, encouraging followers to call the offices so that cops “stay the fuck off” of people’s musical endeavors.
But as we now know, that wasn’t the end of Keef’s stand against the Chicago police department. The young rapper thought “what the hell, why not run for mayor too?” He very enthusiastically announced his decision via Twitter, stating, “Yall gonna love me in the Office.”
We’re not sure why “Office” is capitalized… but we’re also not sure it matters. #ChiefKeefForMayor anyone?
SOURCE: Complex | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
Beyonce & Jay Z Tear Down Chicago For Their On The Run Tour
1. Bey throws up the Roc for her hubby1 of 12
2. Bey and Jay share a precious moment on stage2 of 12
3. Beyonce keeps it trill for Chicago3 of 12
4. Jay Z flashes a smile while performing4 of 12
5. Beyonce keeps herself hidden while on stage5 of 12
6. Beyonce shows off her angelic side6 of 12
7. Bey and Jay get ready to tear up Chicago7 of 12
8. Jay throws up the Roc8 of 12
9. Beyonce gets fierce for her Beyhive9 of 12
10. Beyonce gets ready to perform in Chi-Town10 of 12
11. Bey and Jay put on a dramatic show for fans11 of 12
12. Queen Bey gets the crowd buzzing12 of 12
Wait, What? Chief Keef Says He’s Running For Mayor Of Chicago was originally published on globalgrind.com