We recently reported that the legendary hip-hop group would be re-releasing their debut, People’s Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm, to celebrate the album’s 20th anniversary. And in an effort to celebrate the album, Q-Tip enlisted the talents of today’s most popular hip-hop artists to remix their classic songs.
The first offering comes from super producer/artist Pharrell Williams, who remixed “Bonita Applebum.” In addition to Pharrell’s remix, fans can also expect a “Can I Kick It?” remix with J. Cole and a “Footprints” remix with Cee Lo Green.
The reissue of A Tribe Called Quest’s People’s Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm is scheduled to hit store shelves November 13. Take a listen to Pharrell’s “Bonita Applebum (Remix)” above.
SOURCE: Rolling Stone
1 of 16
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell's co-sign early on.
2 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.
3 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.
4 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell's clothing line.
5 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.
6 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.
7 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his "travel bag."
8 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?
9 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.
10 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.
11 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.
12 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.
13 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin' it hard.
14 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.
15 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell's signature style included trucker hats.
16 of 16