In conjunction with Mack Maine, Birdman is being sued for misidentifying a teenager as Ethan Couch, the kid who killed four people and somehow avoided jail time. According to TMZ, parents Mark and Becky English claim they were shocked to learn that a picture of their 17-year-old son, mistakenly represented as Couch, was used in the cover art for Mack Maine’s single.
Back in 2013, Texas teen Ethan Couch drove drunk, and stuck and killed four people, but his only punishment was 10 years’ probation and recovery at a treatment facility. Ethan allegedly suffered from what is termed “affluenza” – he came from a very wealthy family who found it hard to not give in to his every whim and never taught him right from wrong. Mack Maine wrote a song about the situation, but somehow ended up using the English boy on the cover art.
Birdman is named in the lawsuit because the album was released on his label.
Father & Son: 13 Photos Of Lil Wayne & Birdman In Great Spirits
1. Because bros have each other's backs.1 of 12
2. Because bros hit the stage together.2 of 12
3. Because bros tell each other jokes.3 of 12
4. Because bros pose for pics together.4 of 12
5. Because bros style on 'em in photo shoots.5 of 12
6. Because bros shine together.6 of 12
7. Because bros give bros hugs.7 of 12
8. Because bros squash the beef no matter what.8 of 12
9. Because bros make hits together.9 of 12
10. Because bros rap together.10 of 12
11. Because bros endure boring events together.11 of 12
12. Because bros give each other props.12 of 12
Birdman & Mack Maine Sued Over “Ethan Couch” Cover Art was originally published on globalgrind.com