This morning, Charlie Sheen revealed that he is HIV-positive. In an engrossing interview with Matt Lauer on The TODAY Show, Sheen disclosed that he was diagnosed four years ago after he suffered cluster headaches, migraines, and incessant night sweats. “It’s a hard three letters to absorb. It’s a turning point in your life,” he said.
Sheen said he’s been a victim of betrayal and extortion by “unsavory” people who have tried to out his HIV status over the past four years. Despite being HIV positive, Sheen admitted he’s continued to have sexual contact with multiple partners and prostitutes, but every encounter has been protected. He told Lauer that he’s paid people millions to keep silent about his diagnosis. “My trust turned into their treason,” he says.
A prostitute even took a photo of his anti-retroviral medication in his medicine cabinet after he’d disclosed his status before sex, and threatened to leak the photo for money. He hopes that his TODAY announcement will end the extortion. “I’ve released myself from this prison today,” Sheen says.
Lauer confronted Sheen explicitly about any possibility that he’s infected a partner since being aware of his diagnosis, and Sheen was adamant that it’s impossible for him to have transmitted the disease. He did admit that he’s had unprotected sex with two partners since being diagnosed, but both were under his doctor’s care. Sheen doesn’t know when he contracted the disease.
Sheen’s personal physician said that he does not have AIDS, and his HIV levels are virtually undetectable.
Watch Sheen’s interview and stunning admission below.
SOURCE: TODAY | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Pray For Paris: 14 Heartbreaking Photos Following The Attacks
1. Las Vegas turns the lights on its Eiffel Tower replica off, showing solidarity with Paris following multiple terror attacks.Source:Getty 1 of 14
2. Victims lie on the ground after an attack on Rue Bichat in Central Paris.Source:Getty 2 of 14
3. A young woman cries at a vigil held by a local French community in Sydney.Source:Getty 3 of 14
4. A single rose following multiple terror attacks in the French city of Paris.Source:Getty 4 of 14
5. Players and officials have a moment of silence for victims during the Newcastle v. Central Coast round 6 A-league match.Source:Getty 5 of 14
6. Workers wash blood off of the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.Source:Getty 6 of 14
7. Workers wash blood off the floor outside of Le Carillon bar.Source:Getty 7 of 14
8. A woman sends her love.Source:Getty 8 of 14
9. Two friends hug in the wake of multiple terror attacks in Paris.Source:Getty 9 of 14
10. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.Source:Getty 10 of 14
11. At least 127 people were left dead following multiple terror attacks in Paris on Friday.Source:Getty 11 of 14
12. Residents leave flowers for victims and their loved ones.Source:Getty 12 of 14
13. Blood from the scene following the Bataclan Theatre attack.Source:Getty 13 of 14
14. Pray for Paris.Source:Getty 14 of 14
Charlie Sheen On TODAY Show: “I Am In Fact HIV-Positive” was originally published on globalgrind.com