Just hours after previewing her new track and days after breaking records with “Hello,” Adele has finally released her latest single, “When We Were Young.”
Instead of a dramatic Tristan Wilds-assisted video, Adele opted for a stripped down in-studio visual for her new single, which was cowritten by Tobias Jesso Jr. She credits the track’s inspiration to hanging out with people years after you’ve had a falling out and the nostalgia you feel when speaking to old friends about your youth.
Adele explains it to SiriusXM: “Seeing everyone that you’ve ever fallen out with… And where you can’t find the time to be in each other lives and you’re all thrown together at this party when you’re like 50, and it doesn’t matter and you have so much fun and you feel like you’re 15 again.”
Adele’s favorite line? “You look like a movie, you sound like a song / My God this reminds me of when we were young.”
Listen to Adele’s latest track above as we await the release of her album, 25, on Friday.
Artists From The UK We All Love (PHOTOS)
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Charli XCX can be found at the Top of the Billboard Charts for Iggy Azalea's “Fancy"
1 of 10
2. Ellie Goulding's "Lights" has been heard at almost every party you've been to.
2 of 10
3. Jessie Ware is a great representation of amazing talent coming from the UK.
3 of 10
4. Disclosure's debut album "Settle" has topped the Billboard charts as well.
4 of 10
5. Sampha is one of the most talented singers and producers. You can find him on Drake's latest album "Nothing Was The Same.”
5 of 10
6. FKA Twigs has a very promising career in the upcoming year, her cosmic style and soulful voice is remarkable.
6 of 10
7. La Roux's "Bulletproof" was often sung by people who never even listened to Electronic music.
7 of 10
8. Jessie J's "Price Tag" was heard everywhere, topping the Billboard charts.
8 of 10
9. One of "R&B's Most Wanted," Ed Sheeran has definitely made a solid name in the music industry.
9 of 10
10. Sam Smith's debut LP "In The Lonely Hour" immediately made it to the Top 10 Billboard charts.
10 of 10
Adele “When We Were Young” (NEW MUSIC) was originally published on globalgrind.com