Tracy Morgan and his beautiful daughter hit the pages of GQ, and the shoot was too cute for words.
Inside, Tracy talks about the nasty car accident that threatened his life and career, the people who love him, his recovery process, and his time as a drug dealer.
It’s a very emotional chat. Tracy tells the publication at one point:
I wasn’t in a good place. I didn’t get into a good place until maybe ten months later. I started to remember and think and all of that stuff. They taught me how to walk again, and stand up and sit up again, and it was really painful for a long time. I did therapists, did cognitive what do they call it? Did cognitive therapy. Still doing it.… That therapy, the psychiatrist had to keep going back to see me. People look at you like you…excuse me… [He gets emotional.]
Read more from the candid interview over at The YBF.
It’s Thanksgiving and thankfully, everyone is in the mood to give back.
Some of our favorite hip-hop heavyweights have been making sure they spread the holiday cheer. Jeezy was seen handing out hundreds of boxes of food to Atlanta families, Big Sean gave out over $2,000 worth of turkeys in Detroit, with the help of 50 Cent,Chris Brown gave back to the Queens community, and Fetty Wap and RGF Productions gave back to New Jersey.
Fab kept it BK and gave out food to families as a part of the Bed-Stuy Campaign Against Hunger. Click here for more photos of your faves doing good deeds.
Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman has ended her 31-year marriage, according to TMZ.
The site reports:
Marta and Michael Skloff filed divorce docs Wednesday, along with their settlement … meaning they worked it all out ahead of time. Marta, who’s worth a reported $200 million, and Michael have 3 grown children, so custody is not an issue. As for property — there’s a lot of it — and it’s all accounted for in the settlement. And, we’ve learned, there’s no prenup.
Michael has his own money, so maybe things won’t get too ugly:
Marta, who’s repped by disso queen Laura Wasser, is currently raking in the cash with her Netflix series, “Grace and Frankie.” As for Michael, he’s got a big “Friends” credit … he composed the theme song to the show.
We wish them both the best.
It’s been nearly a year since Chris Rock and ex-wife Malaak Compton-Rock split, but the two are still settling their divorce in court. Most recently, Malaak spoke about a third child they cared for in addition to their two biological children.
“Although Chris Rock is a celebrity, Malaak and the children are not. Protecting the privacy of her family remains of utmost importance to Malaak. She is saddened by recent tabloid media reports which are full of erroneous speculation and inaccuracies that are hurtful to three innocent young girls. While the adoption by Malaak is not yet finalized, it is actively in process under the rigorous guidelines and safeguards of international adoption policy. The child is in the country lawfully with the written consent of her birth parents, and while here, has been cherished and adored by the entire Rock family.”
Compton-Rock also stated that the girl “has been raised by the parties as a member of the family and has been solely supported by the parties. She also stated that she continues to be the girl’s primary caregiver.
The site continues:
According to court papers obtained by PEOPLE, the two sides squared off in a New Jersey court on Nov. 16. and the duo continue to dispute child support, alimony, equitable distribution, counsel fees, medical insurance and life insurance. The judge set a tentative trial date for next year.
We hope they’re able to settle their divorce soon.
1. Kanye met No I.D. through Donda West, who worked with No I.D.'s mother as a teacher in Chicago.
1 of 40
2. Donda convinced the 19-year-old No I.D. to meet 14-year-old Kanye and "teach him how to do music."
2 of 40
3. He lived in China for a year in the fifth grade.
3 of 40
4. Of his time in a Chinese school, Kanye has said "I got A's and B's. And I'm not even frontin'."
4 of 40
5. Before he was signed, he would jump on tables during label meetings and scream, "I'm the next Michael Jackson!"
5 of 40
6. He was arrested in 2000 for stealing printers from Office Max in a case of mistaken identity.
6 of 40
7. At age 13 he wrote a song called "Green Eggs and Ham."
7 of 40
8. And he begged his mother to pay $25 per hour for studio time.
8 of 40
9. He sold his first beat to Chicago rapper Gravity for $8,800.
9 of 40
10. Then he used the $8,800 to buy Polo clothes and a Jesus Piece.
10 of 40
11. Kanye claims he has synesthesia, meaning he can see sounds.
11 of 40
12. Kanye studied English at Chicago State University before dropping out to focus on music.
12 of 40
13. He once said, “I think I’m gonna move to London. Get a fake-ass British accent like Madonna.”
13 of 40
14. Kanye personally asked Seth Rogen and James Franco to perform their spoof of "Bound 2" at his wedding to Kim.
14 of 40
15. But it didn't happen because they all agreed it was a silly idea.
15 of 40
16. He once worked as a telemarketer to pay his mother $200 per month in rent, which she demanded.
16 of 40
17. Kanye opened two Fatburger restaurants in Chicago through his company KW Foods LLC. Both locations have closed.
17 of 40
18. He has claimed to "TiVo rap videos so I can study them. To learn what steps to take to crush them all.”
18 of 40
19. He narrowly avoided another infamous rant when Common's “They Say” was nominated for Best Rap/Sung Collab at the Grammy's over “Heard 'Em Say” and “Gold Digger.”
19 of 40
20. But he apologized to Common when "Late Registration" beat "Be" for Best Rap Album that year.
20 of 40
21. After the Taylor Swift incident, Mos Def visited Kanye's home and told him to flee the U.S.
21 of 40
22. Kanye took Mos Def's advice, escaping to Japan, then Rome, before settling in Hawaii for six months to record "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy."
22 of 40
23. While recording MBDTF, he asked food delivery men for their opinions on the album when they stopped by his studio.
23 of 40
24. He made Pusha T re-write his verse on "Runaway" four times. Each time, pushing Pusha T to get more angry.
24 of 40
25. He used his own money to finance the "Glow in the Dark Tour" when Best Buy backed out of sponsoring it.
25 of 40
26. He kept a tracklisting of Common’s "Be" in the studio to make sure his album was just as good.
26 of 40
27. He made his first beat in the seventh grade.
27 of 40
28. We know he's from the Chi, but he was actually born in Atlanta.
28 of 40
29. Thanks to hip-hop, we know that Blue Ivy was conceived in Paris, while North West was conceived in Florence. TMI?
29 of 40
30. Initially, Chaka Khan refused to clear the sample for "Through The Wire."
30 of 40
31. Kanye brought Chaka's son to a BBQ and played him the "Through The Wire" music video. Two weeks later, Chaka cleared the sample.
31 of 40
32. Michael Jackson called Kanye to compliment the jacket he wore in the "Stronger" music video.
32 of 40
33. He's thought of becoming a male porn star "once or twice."
33 of 40
34. He invested two million dollars and over a year of work into creating his sophomore album.
34 of 40
35. Kanye and Jay Z performed "N*ggas In Paris" 12 times in a row on one night in Paris.
35 of 40
36. He refuses to work with Royce Da 5'9''.
36 of 40
37. Kanye recorded "The College Dropout" in Los Angeles while recovering from his car accident in 2002.
37 of 40
38. After the success of "College Dropout," Kanye bought himself an 18th century aquarium with 30 koi fish.
38 of 40
39. In 2008, he posted a nude picture of Kim to his blog as he dubbed her his "girl of the week."
39 of 40
40. Before Bey's digital album, Kanye planned a theatrical release for all of the music videos from "Late Registration."
40 of 40
Continue reading 40 Bizarre Kanye West Facts That Will Make Your Day
40 Bizarre Kanye West Facts That Will Make Your Day
Kanye West is a special kind of guy.
You can love him or hate him, but either way, you're always interested in what he has to say. But despite all the Twitter rants and outbursts, surprisingly there are still some things that we don't know about Yeezy.
Check out these random, wacky fact about pre-Saint Pablo Kanye.