After finding herself sentenced to eight years in prison for intentional assault back in 2008, Remy Ma thought her rap career was over. Luckily, the then 26-year-old had the love and support of her Brooklyn-based boyfriend Papoose. Fast forward six years, Remy Ma was released and with the help of her hubby, she’s been slowly but surely repairing her rap career.
The two hip-hop lovebirds made headlines when it was revealed they’d be leading the sixth season of VH1’s polarizing Love & Hip-Hop: New York series. While you won’t see Remy and Pap disrespect, cheat, and fight with each other on national TV, you will see their undeniable love, tender affection, and team-like marriage.
We caught up with Remy and Papoose at VH1’s offices to discuss their new role on the controversial reality series, being crazy in love, and supporting castmates Yandy and Mendeecees Harris through his recent jail sentence. Remy also discussed how she hated Papoose when she first met him, becoming a wedding planner, and being a better rapper than her husband.
Catch Remy and Pap on Love & Hip-Hop: New York each and every Monday on VH1 at 8 p.m. EST. Watch our exclusive interview with Remy Ma and Papoose up top.
25 Pictures Of Remy Ma (PHOTOS)
1. Remy Ma & Her Husband Papoose.1 of 25
2. Just Kickin' It.2 of 25
3. Ayyyyeee.3 of 25
4. Ready For War.4 of 25
5. Always Reppin'.5 of 25
6. At Kimora Lee Simmons' KLS Fashion Show.6 of 25
7. Lolli...Lolli...Lollipop.7 of 25
8. Remy & Joey.8 of 25
9. Terror Squad.9 of 25
10. Pretty In Pink.10 of 25
11. Remy At The BET Awards.11 of 25
12. Remy Martin At A Remy Martin Cognac Event.12 of 25
13. At The VIBE Awards in 2005.13 of 25
14. Blonde Bombshell.14 of 25
15. Chattin' With Nick Cannon.15 of 25
16. BX.16 of 25
17. On The Summer Jam Stage.17 of 25
18. Before Twerkin' Was Trendy.18 of 25
19. Animal Print.19 of 25
20. Sweater Dress Seductress.20 of 25
21. Remy & Meth.21 of 25
22. '80s Baby.22 of 25
23. Going Hard In The Paint.23 of 25
24. Red Carpet Ready.24 of 25
25. All Smiles.25 of 25
Remy Ma Talks Hating Papoose, Becoming A Wedding Planner, & Being A Better Rapper Than Her Hubby was originally published on globalgrind.com