The Bronx native garnered 1.8 million Instagram followers by delivering a comedic spin on her life as a New York City stripper. Her uncensored stories, outlandish antics, and crass clapbacks, along with her NYC-Dominican accent caught the attention of ratchet reality producer Mona Scott-Young, who tapped the 23-year-old as the next big star of VH1’s hit reality series Love & Hip-Hop: New York.
Cardi stopped by GlobalGrind’s offices to discuss her rise to fame, growing up poor, attending college, and the decision she made to become a stripper. Cardi also shared scary stories about the dangers of dancing, and how she harbored a lot of guilt for disappointing her family.
You can catch her each and every Monday on L&HH: NY on VH1 at 8 p.m. EST. Check out part one of our two-part interview with Cardi B up top.
10 Strippers You Should Know (PHOTOS)
1. Maliah Michel became famous after Drake shouted her out in 2009.
1 of 7
Link in bio 😘 pic.twitter.com/V5rCkEtXqI— Godzilla🦕 TheGreatestLOVEofALL! (@IAmMaliahMichel) October 20, 2018
2. Kash Doll is trying to get on as rapper, a la Trina and Eve.2 of 7
3. Bernice Burgos isn't even a stripper; she's a bottle girl. But she's so bad we threw her in this anyway.
3 of 7
4. Dita Von Teese has been one of the most famous strippers in the world for years. She once dated rock star Marilyn Manson. Technically, she's a "burlesque dancer" and she's classy as f*ck.
4 of 7
5. Sophia Body has one of the most appropriate names you'll hear.
5 of 7
6. Jhonni Blaze made news last year when she allegedly had a miscarriage on stage while stripping.
6 of 7
Click link in bio and bio and subscribe to my onlyfans page now pic.twitter.com/QiD6YlAWge— Jzapal (Jhonni Blaze) (@JHONNIBLAZE01) December 10, 2018
7. There's a lot of gems at Deelishis's Instagram: @iamsodeelishis She used to be on Flava of Love!7 of 7
Cardi B Talks Growing Up Poor, Attending College, Stripper Shame, & Tips For Keeping A Man was originally published on globalgrind.com