The struggle is real.
Her boo, Seattle Seahawks quarterback, famously — and “accidentally” — divulged that two couple decided to abstain from sex until marriage during an interview with Pastor Miles McPherson at San Diego’s Rock Church in July. Russell said he asked Ciara in the beginning of their relationship, “I said to her – and she completely agreed – ‘Can we love each other without that?” He added, “If you can love somebody without that, then you can really love somebody.”
And, while he seemed pretty adamant about the decision the duo came to, he told the crowd, “I ain’t gonna lie – I need ya’ll to pray for us. Because I know you have seen her on the screen now. If there’s a 10, she’s a 15. Pray for me, keep my mind clear, keep my heart clear.”
It seems like Ciara is fighting those very same temptations.
During her interview, she admitted, “I’m not gonna lie. I’m human, so it is not easy, especially when I look at him and I think he is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen – that I’ve ever laid my eyes on, to be honest.”
And how does Ciara deal with her urges? “I’m like, Look the other way! Look the other way!”
So far, it seems her strategy has been working.
Although the two have not taken their relationship to sexual level, Ciara did add how their lack of sex has brought them closer. She said, “We get to have really healthy conversations and focus on each other as people. That is very important to me and him. It’s very valuable. We’re just enjoying ourselves and going one day at a time and praying and staying positive. Being strong here!”
While their relationship may come off as unconventional to most, they seem to be doing just fine.
In the meantime, stay strong, Ciara!
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO SOURCE: Getty
10 Celebrity Couples Who Broke Up & Made Up
1. Chris Brown & RihannaSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Miley Cyrus & Liam HemsworthSource:Splash News 2 of 10
3. Emily B & FabolousSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Justin Timberlake & Jessica BielSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Kim Kardashian & Reggie BushSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. Pink & Carey HartSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Snoop Dogg & Shante BroadusSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Kobe & Vanessa BryantSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. Justin Bieber & Selena GomezSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Gabrielle Union and Dwyane WadeSource:Getty 10 of 10
Ciara Admits It’s A Struggle To Stay Abstinent With Russell Wilson was originally published on globalgrind.com