Like clockwork, the nation will stop everything it’s doing to tune into the newest episode of The People V. O.J. Simpson on FX tonight, but this week we’ve got some tea to spill ahead of the latest American Crime Story installment.
O.J., sentenced to 33 years for an unrelated kidnapping/robbery case, is worried that the knife that was allegedly found on his property could jeopardize his parole.
His former manager and friend Norman Pardo told PEOPLE magazine that although he “isn’t losing any sleep” over it, he is a “little worried.”
“Everybody I’ve spoken with says he’s just ignoring it. He’s not talking about it,” Pardo tells PEOPLE. “When he heard the news on TV, all he did was shake his head, as if to say, ‘Will this ever end?’ He’s definitely shrugging it off and pretty much saying, I’m not going to worry about it.’”
Los Angeles Police Department previously said they plan to test the five-inch fixed blade buck knife that was given to a retired LAPD motor officer, who allegedly received the blade from a construction worker while working in off-duty on a movie set near Simpson’s former Rockingham estate.
“[O.J.] is a little worried because if it’s one his pocket knifes and, if it’s got his blood on it, that could make him look bad when he’s up for parole,” Pardo explains to PEOPLE.
“That’s really his only fear. Personally, I think it belonged to a construction worker and fell out of his pocket. Honestly, I don’t think it pertains to anything,” Pardo adds.
NBC News recently reported that the knife is “inconsistent” with the killings, according to sources.
In related news, a juror is speaking out about The Juice’s ’90s murder case and insists that prosecutors did not do a great job of fully proving O.J. Simpson’s guilt. He says that though it’s possible O.J. committed the crime, the evidence did not demonstrate as much.
David Aldana, 54, told ABC News in an interview:
“Who would’ve thought we’d still be talking about it 20 years later?”
“They said we were only going to be sequestered for three months; somebody lied. It was nine months and a week.”
“What we were given, do I think he did it?” Aldana said. “Yeah, there’s a shot that he did do it but, then, on the other hand, the evidence didn’t prove it.”
Click here to see Aldana speak on losing friends and getting into fights over the O.J. case, and tune in tonight at 10 p.m. EST for American Crime Story.
28 Photos Of O.J. Simpson & The Key Players In His Murder Trial
1. O.J. seen talking to his lawyers Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran, and Robert Kardashian during a trial date.Source:Getty 1 of 28
2. The late Robert Kardashian defends his friend O.J. Simpson in court.Source:Getty 2 of 28
3. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.Source:Getty 3 of 28
4. AI Cowlings, the friend who drove O.J. during his infamous Bronco chase.Source:Getty 4 of 28
5. Judge Lance Ito listens to defense motions to exclude Mark Fuhrman's testimony and the prosecutions' response to retain the information, 11 September, during a court hearing in the O.J. Simpson murder trail.Source:Getty 5 of 28
6. O.J. x Johnnie Cochran.Source:Getty 6 of 28
7. Deputy District Attorney Chris Darden asks Judge Lance Ito in the O.J.Simpson case, 13 January, to bar the defense from asking Los Angeles Police detective Mark Fuhrman if he ever uttered a racial epithet.Source:Getty 7 of 28
8. Did O.J. do it?Source:Getty 8 of 28
9. The scene around O.J.'s October 3rd trial date.Source:Getty 9 of 28
10. O.J.'s sister spotted near the crime scene.Source:Getty 10 of 28
11. The infamous Bronco chase.Source:Getty 11 of 28
12. The crowd cheers after hearing the verdict on October 3rd, 1995.Source:Getty 12 of 28
13. A much earlier photo of O.J. and his good friend AI Cowlings, circa 1979.Source:Getty 13 of 28
14. O.J. tries on a glove that was used in the murder of his ex-wife.Source:Getty 14 of 28
15. O.J. Simpson and his ex-wife Nicole Brown in seemingly happier times.Source:Getty 15 of 28
16. Deputy district attorney Marcia Clark is shown during testimony at the preliminary hearings.Source:Getty 16 of 28
17. O.J. Simpson and his kids at Nicole Simpson's funeral.Source:Getty 17 of 28
18. Robert Shapiro reads O.J.'s damning letter to the press.Source:Getty 18 of 28
19. O.J. Simpson with Nicole and the kids during happier times.Source:Getty 19 of 28
20. Johnnie Cochran lays down the law, circa 1995.Source:Getty 20 of 28
21. The Juice at his 1994-1995 murder trial.Source:Getty 21 of 28
22. Robert Kardashian sits through trial.Source:Getty 22 of 28
23. Robert Shapiro x O.J. Simpson.Source:Getty 23 of 28
24. Robert Shapiro in 2015.Source:Getty 24 of 28
25. O.J. Simpson leaving the courthouse after the civil trial that followed his murder trial.Source:Getty 25 of 28
26. O.J. heads to the place he knows best, court.Source:Getty 26 of 28
27. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.Source:Getty 27 of 28
28. O.J. at an evidentiary hearing in 2013.Source:Getty 28 of 28
Friend Says O.J. Simpson Is “Worried” About The Buried Knife Found On His Property was originally published on globalgrind.com