On this special episode of Extra Butter, I sat down with Brothers Grimsby star Sacha Baron Cohen for an uncensored interview, in which he answers questions about body shaming, mass shootings in the United States, and even race issues within the Academy – all using a bit of his infamous humor.
Brothers Grimsby – which follows a secret spy who must team up with his idiot brother – is Bond meets Borat, and Cohen isn’t afraid to push the envelope:
“We thought Bond is always with these supermodels, these super skinny girls. So we thought his brother is into real women with some real — You know. They got something on them,” he said.
Cohen even joked about race, saying he knows, “there’s no chance this movie will ever get nominated for an Oscar because we cast two African-Americans in it.”
The biggest message came when we talked about gun control and mass shootings. In the film, his character Nobby really enjoys shooting people and random things. I asked Cohen if he ever wonders about going too far on film considering there is a mass shooting in America almost every other week.
“You got to listen to the NRA, guns make you safe. Just look at the statistics. Since 2001, 20 people have been killed by terrorists and since 2001, 400,000 people have been killed by non-terrorists in America, so the statistics speak for them selves,” he joked.
Watch the interview above and be sure to check out Brothers Grimsby in theaters tomorrow.
RED CARPET RECAP: Vanity Fair Oscar Bash
1. Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton walked the carpet hand-in-hand.Source:Getty 1 of 15
2. Caitlyn Jenner was on the scene in full glam.Source:Getty 2 of 15
3. Sofia Vergara went for all-white for the after-party.Source:Getty 3 of 15
4. Sanaa Lathan stuns, once again.Source:Getty 4 of 15
5. Slay! Naomi Campbell arrived in an elegant gown.Source:Getty 5 of 15
6. Taylor Swift turned up the sex appeal in a deep-plunging gown featuring a high-slit.Source:Getty 6 of 15
7. Jennifer Lawrence switched her gown out for a two-piece set.Source:Getty 7 of 15
8. After walking the Oscars red carpet in Versace, Kerry Washington wore this eccentric gown to the VF bash.Source:Getty 8 of 15
9. Ashley Graham was on fire. She flaunted her killer curves in a form-fitting red gown.Source:Getty 9 of 15
10. The beautiful Jessica Alba appeared angelic in a flowing, white gown accessorized with a black belt and statement necklace.Source:Getty 10 of 15
11. Lady Gaga chose to wear yet another "gown suit" as she posed with her boyfriend Taylor Kinney.Source:Getty 11 of 15
12. Selena Gomez shimmered in sequin. Are you feeling this look?Source:Getty 12 of 15
13. Mary J. Blige and her husband, Kenzo, are still going strong.Source:Getty 13 of 15
14. Mommy-to-be Anne Hathaway definitely has the glow.Source:Getty 14 of 15
15. Kate Hudson was a vision in metallic.Source:Getty 15 of 15
Sacha Baron Cohen Uncensored: Guns, Body Shaming, & Who Is Iggy Azalea? was originally published on globalgrind.com