Just weeks after R&B soul singer BJ The Chicago Kid dropped his acclaimed In My Mind album, we sat down with the Chicago crooner to discuss the inspiration behind his latest LP and the people who push him to be a better artist, including his friend Anderson .Paak and idol D’Angelo.
“He’s doing a lot better,” BJ said. “The prayers are working and the energy that’s sent is amazing. He can’t wait to get back out.”
BJ also discussed his street style and fashion choices as an R&B singer, as well as his partnership with Footaction.
His new album In My Mind is now available on iTunes. Watch our exclusive interview with BJ above.
19 Glorious Common Quotes To Live By
1. "Inside is where the fight lay/ And everything a nigga do may not be what he might say.” ["Be (Intro)”]Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. “Never looking back or too far in front of me/ The present is a gift and I just want to be.” [“Be (Intro)”]Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. “Everyday women and men become legends.” [“Glory”]Source: 3 of 11
4. “Asked my guy how he thought travellin the world sound/ Found it hard to imagine he hadn't been past downtown.” ["Respiration”]Source: 4 of 11
5. “Hunger in they eyes is what seems to feed me.” [“The People”]Source: 5 of 11
6. “Nobody believe, until I believe me.” [“The People”]Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. “I watched ‘Crash’ and realize that we all survivors/ No religion or race could ever describe us. [“Forever Begins”]Source: 7 of 11
8. “How could I ever let your words affect me?” [“Get Em High”]Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. “It's the games nature/ When you're glowin' some will love and some will hate ya.” [“Real People”]Source: 9 of 11
10. “I'm trapped in myself/ See what happens with wealth/ At times you can lose yourself/ During the sunniest of days many superstars melt.” [“Any Given Sunday”]Source:Splash News 10 of 11
11. “Nobody wants to live in a sad state in their lives and you can create your own dreams and your own happiness if you just work towards it and believe in it and make those choices that lead towards that.” [Interview, Ebony]Source:Getty 11 of 11
BJ The Chicago Kid On Jay Rock’s Health: “He’s Doing A Lot Better” was originally published on globalgrind.com