G-Eazy is back with Chris Brown and Tory Lanez in tow for “Drifting.” Eazy has been having a great run as his other single, “Me, Myself, and I,” has been ascending the Billboard charts. The song finds the Bay-Area rapper talking about the highs and lows of being in love while also being a man on the move. He’s set to the hit the streets on tour this summer with Logic, Yo Gotti, and YG.
SOURCE: Miss Info
Freeway is back with brand new heat for his upcoming album Free Will. “Kodak” hosts a still hungry Freeway doing what he does best on the track. The Philadelphia bred rapper spoke to FADER about what inspired the song. “As human beings we’re God’s only creation, and we have a choice to do right or wrong,” Freeway tells FADER. “Those choices… affect your life and your afterlife. I touch base on many of the choices I made in my life and reveal how those choices affected me.” The album will be out on April 29th.
SOURCE: Miss Info
It looks like everything’s set for a Digable Planets reunion tour. The group announced that they’d be traveling to various cities around the southeast and Mid-Atlantic portion of the United States. The tour will kick off on May 28th in George, Washington and end in Utah on August 18th with special guest Pusha T. “Formed in the late Eighties by Ishmael “Butterfly” Butler, Craig “Doodlebug” Irving and Mary Ann “Ladybug Mecca” Vieira, Digable Planets scored a Top 20 hit with their 1992 single, “Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat),” and went on to release two LPs before disbanding in 1995.”
SOURCE: Rolling Stone
Afropunk’s 2016 lineup has been announced. It’ll be headlined by Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Ice Cube and include Cee-Lo, George Clinton, and Tyler the Creator. The event will be held in Brooklyn, at Commodore Park in Fort Greene, on August 27th and 28th.
SOURCE: NY Times
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: North West, Zoe Kravitz, Ice Cube, & MORE!
1. Kim Kardashian carries North West in a carrier after arriving at LAX1 of 12
2. We spy with our little eyes a big rock on Mila Kunis ring finger!2 of 12
3. Lady in red! Ellie Goulding was seen leaving her London home.3 of 12
4. Liam Neeson didn't give two f*cks as he filmed "Entourage" in West Hollywood.4 of 12
5. Ice Cube was all business as he stepped out of his car and was spotted at Radio 2.5 of 12
6. Kim Kardashian snuggled up close to her baby girl, Nori, while wearing a fur coat in NYC.6 of 12
7. Demi Lovato rocked out while performing live in concert at BB and T Center.7 of 12
8. Zoe Kravitz was a sight for sore eyes as she arrived to The Grove for an appearance on "Extra!"8 of 12
9. Simon Cowell showed off his post-baby body while hanging out with his son, Eric, and girlfriend, Lauren Silverman.9 of 12
10. Jessica Alba channeled a modern day smooth criminal as she touched down in Paris for Fashion Week.10 of 12
11. Sam Worthington looked like a page out of our favorite winter wonderland fairytale as he left court after attacking a paparazzo in NYC.11 of 12
12. How pretty is she? Lea Michele was spotted on the set of "Glee" in Downtown L.A.12 of 12
MIDNIGHT MUSIC STREAM: G-Eazy’s “Drifting” Video, Freeway Drops “Kodak,” And More! was originally published on globalgrind.com