Mo’Nique has been absent on the acting scene for the past few years, but now the actress is making headlines in a different way.
According to reports, the Academy Award winner and her husband are accused of failing to pay their taxes for two years, and now the government says they owe nearly $400,000. Official records in Georgia show the IRS filed a Federal Tax Lien against Mo’Nique and hubby Sidney Hicks on May 9th.
The lien states that the couple refused to pay their taxes for the years 2013 and 2014. In 2013, they owed $201,695.99, and in 2014, they owed $188,208.99, bringing the total to $389,904.98. The federal government has threatened to seize the couple’s property and assets if they don’t pay. They own a 10,600 square-foot home in Duluth, Georgia they bought for $2.8 million in 2007.
The last time we heard from the star was back in February 2015, when she spoke about allegedly being ‘blackballed’ in Hollywood after her Oscar win, claiming executives labeled her difficult to work with.
SOURCE: Daily Mail | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
15 Black Actors & Actresses Who've Won Golden Globes (PHOTOS)
1. Angela Bassett won Best Actress for her portrayal of Tina Turner in the film "What's Love Got To Do With It."1 of 15
2. Sidney Poitier became the first American American to win a Golden Globe. He won Best Actor for his role in "Lillies Of The Field."2 of 15
3. Denzel Washington took home the Golden Globe for Best Actor for his role in "The Hurricane" and for Best Supporting Actor for his part in "Glory."3 of 15
4. Whoopi Goldberg took home an award twice! One for Best Supporting Actress for her role in "Ghost," and another for Best Actress for her iconic role in "The Color Purple."4 of 15
5. Jamie Foxx won Best Actor for portraying Ray Charles in the film "Ray."5 of 15
6. Forest Whitaker won Best Actor for "The Last King Of Scotland."6 of 15
7. Jennifer Hudson won the award for Best Supporting Actress for playing Effie White in "Dreamgirls."7 of 15
8. Diana Ross won the Golden Globe for Most Promising Newcomer in 1973.8 of 15
9. Eddie Murphy took home the award for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Jimmy Early in "Dreamgirls."9 of 15
10. Comedienne Mo'Nique won Best Supporting Actress for her role in "Precious."10 of 15
11. Octavia Spencer took home the award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in "The Help."11 of 15
12. Stevie Wonder took home the award for Best Original Song for his ballad "I Just Called To Say I Love You."12 of 15
13. James Earl Jones won the award for Most Promising Male Newcomer back in 1971.13 of 15
14. Morgan Freeman won Best Actor for his role in "Driving Miss Daisy."14 of 15
15. Lou Gosset Jr. won Best Supporting Actor in the film "An Officer & A Gentleman."15 of 15
Uh-Oh: Mo’Nique and Her Husband Are In Serious Trouble was originally published on globalgrind.com