According to reports, a grand jury found there was enough evidence for the case to proceed, and Assistant District Attorney Christine Keenan filed the certificate with the court on Thursday, saying, “I’m filing a certificate of affirmative grand jury action.”
The charges for which he’s indicted are still sealed, although the Brooklyn rapper, 30, was arrested on attempted murder and weapons possession. Troy’s friend and bodyguard, Ronald McPhatter, was killed during the shootout, and his defense attorneys claim Troy was establishing a $10,000 sports scholarship at New Utrecht High School in honor of his best friend.
The indictment comes just days after the jailed rapper released a new mixtape on Monday from Rikers Island, defending his part in the wild gunfight.
Troy is being held without bail and is due back in court on June 22.
SOURCE: NY Post | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
10 Outrageous Things Troy Ave Said During His Breakfast Club Interview
1. "What have I done? I saved a whole generation of people from being drug addicts, and turning up, & wearing tight pants."Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. "I'm the one who put it out there that you can't mix & match brands. I put that out there."Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. "For someone to try to tear me down, or slander me is like...it's like modern-day slavery...."Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. "I only want to make $5 million dollars. $5 million, I'ma be rich forever."Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. "What's 1000 x 5? What 500,000? 50,000?"Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. "I'm like Jackie Robinson with a racist fan. Or like Michael Jordan when he's seen putting his hand up and someone in the crowd is like 'hey, f*ck you!'"Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. "I just came from Miami...my life is getting crazy!"Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. "These aren't regular sneakers. These are the high top Air Force 1s, they're a little more money than the low top. I wouldn't do the low top. You feel me?"Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. "I got 11,000 in my pocket, but I don't care cause I'm focused."Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. "When I see him [Manolo Rose], I'll probably give him a wedgie or slam him or some shit."Source:Getty 10 of 10
Troy Ave Indicted In The Irving Plaza Concert Shooting was originally published on globalgrind.com