Mary J. Blige meant it when she said “no more drama in my life.”
The 45-year-old hip-hop and R&B icon is divorcing Martin “Kendu” Isaacs, her husband of twelve years, according to reports that emerged this afternoon. Mary, who never had any kids with Isaacs, but has been a stepmom to his three children, lists “irreconcilable differences” and notes Isaacs shouldn’t receive any spousal support.
There haven’t been any notable signs of obvious trouble in their marriage, but Mary recently deleted all her Instagram posts, which may be an indication that she’d appreciate some privacy at the moment.
The two married in 2003 and Isaacs has served as Mary’s manager in the past. It’s unclear if they will still continue to work together.
We wish both MJB and Kendu the best, and will continue to keep you updated as more information surfaces.
SOURCE: Gossip Cop | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
11 Photos Of Mary J. Blige Killing The Game Back In '92
1. Mary takes over the stage in her signature look.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. The R&B goddess takes a stance at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. How sweet does she look at the KMEL Summer Jam in 1992?Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Mary J. & Joe Public win big at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Mary J. Blige is all smiles in a hoodie and curls.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Mary does her one, two-step while performing in '92.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. She had a flawless smile, even back then.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Mary J. wins big at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Show 'em who's queen.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. Super Cat and Mary chill backstage at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Let's get 'em, queen!Source:Getty 11 of 11
No More Drama: Mary J. Blige Divorcing Husband Of Twelve Years was originally published on globalgrind.com