Retired Republican four-star general and former Secretary of State Colin Powell has little to no respect for his party’s presidential nominee Donald Trump, according to newly released emails hacked from his private account.
In comments about Trump in a June 17, 2016, email to Emily Miller, a journalist who once worked under Powell as a deputy press secretary at the State Department, he said Trump, “is in the process of destroying himself, no need for the Dems to attack him,” according to emails obtained by BuzzFeed.
He also called Trump “a national disgrace” and an “international pariah,” writes the news outlet:
In an Aug. 21 email from Powell to Miller, he blasted Trump for embarking on a “racist” movement that believes President Obama was not born in the US.
“Yup, the whole birther movement was racist,” Powell wrote. “That’s what the 99% believe. When Trump couldn’t keep that up he said he also wanted to see if the certificate noted that he was a Muslim.”
Powell told BuzzFeed News, “I have no further comment. I’m not denying it.”
BuzzFeed notes that the website DCLeaks.com “has reported, but not confirmed, ties to Russian intelligence services — obtained Powell’s emails.“
SOURCE: BuzzFeed | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
10 Black Trump Supporters
1. Ben CarsonSource:Joe Raedle/Getty Images 1 of 10
2. Herschel WalkerSource:Ben Gabbe/Getty Images 2 of 10
3. OmarosaSource:Matthew Eisman/WireImage/Getty 3 of 10
4. Dennis RodmanSource:Larry Marano/WireImage/Getty 4 of 10
5. Jimmy McMillanSource:Instagram 5 of 10
6. Stacey DashSource:Amanda Edwards/WireImage/Getty 6 of 10
7. Mike TysonSource:Steve Granitz/WireImage/Getty 7 of 10
8. Terrell OwensSource:Gabriel Olsen/Getty Images 8 of 10
9. Azealia BanksSource:Chelsea Lauren/WireImage/Getty 9 of 10
10. Latrell SprewellSource:Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images 10 of 10