On Thursday the “Anti” singer flexed her Twitter fingers reminding #45 of the dangers of his inaction to the devastation Hurricane Maria has left in Puerto Rico. Tweeting a pic of the cover of the recent edition of The New York Daily News, she wrote the following caption: “Dear @realDonaldTrump I know you’ve probably already seen this, but I just wanted to make sure! Don’t let your people die like this.”
As we previously reported, since the hurricane hit the Caribbean last week the majority of the 3.5 million American citizens on the island of PR are living without clean water, electricity, cell phone service or reliable medical care. While Trump has been slow to act or acknowledge the devastation, on Thursday he finally issued a temporary 10-day waiver that would overturn an outdated federal statue from 1920 that regulates commerce and shipping between U.S. ports.
By bypassing this restriction, he is making it easier for much-needed aid to reach the island.
Apparently Trump’s previous refusal was explained by his claim that “lots of shippers” were against the action to lift the Jones restrictions.
After the 10-day period, the waiver can be extended if needed, DHS spokesman David Lapan told CNN. He said the waiver was approved after it was determined that doing so was in the interest of national defense. In addition, the US Army has been tapped to lead the recovery operations in Puerto Rico, the Daily Beast reported.
These recent moves had Rihanna in delight:
Keep on lighting that fire under this president!
How Rihanna Is More Presidential Than Donald Trump
1. Rihanna Arrives to the Elysee Palace in Paris to meet President Emmanuel Macron1 of 16
2. France's First Lady Brigitte Macron Receives Popstar Rihanna At The Elysee PalaceSource:Getty Images 2 of 16
3. Rihanna at the Elysee PalaceSource:Getty 3 of 16
4. First Lady of France Brigitte Macron and RihannaSource:Getty 4 of 16
5. France's First Lady Brigitte Macron escorts Rihanna inside Elysee PalaceSource:Getty 5 of 16
6. French President Emmanuel Macron and Rihanna6 of 16
7. French President Emmanuel Macron and Rihanna7 of 16
8. Rihanna Talks With The Press Regarding Her Talk With President Macron8 of 16
9. Rihanna with French press9 of 16
10. Rihanna Receives a Humanitarian Award from Harvard University10 of 16
11. Harvard Foundation Honors Rihanna As Humanitarian Of The YearSource:Getty 11 of 16
12. Rihanna Is Good With Kids12 of 16
13. She Shows All Kids Love13 of 16
14. Rihanna Plays With Ashad Khaled14 of 16
15. Rihanna For 202015 of 16
16. Rihanna For President16 of 16
Rihanna Takes To Twitter To Remind Trump About Puerto Rico: ‘Don’t Let Your People Die Like This’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com