After weeks of speculation and multiple rumblings, rapper Common let the cat out of the bag about who has his attention and it’s none other than political pundit and activist, Angela Rye.
During a SIRIUS radio interview with host Bevy Smith, the Black America Again rapper who is usually extremely private about his love life, opened up about his thoughts on dating.
“There’s a definite connection with Angela Rye,” he shared. “She’s a wonderful woman, I’m dating, I’m happy right now, and she’s an incredible human being.”
The two sparked interest when they were spotted arm and arm at the 2017 Creative Arts Emmys last month. Rye also furthered speculation when she posted a congratulatory message on Instagram in praise of Common’s win.
Congrats to the two and may they continue to enjoy their new romance!
19 Glorious Common Quotes To Live By
1. “I know enough to know I don’t know much.” [Def Poetry Jam]Source: 1 of 7
2. “Asked my guy how he thought travellin the world sound/ Found it hard to imagine he hadn’t been past downtown.” [“Respiration”]Source: 2 of 7
3. “Hunger in they eyes is what seems to feed me.” [“The People”]Source: 3 of 7
4. “I watched ‘Crash’ and realize that we all survivors/ No religion or race could ever describe us. [“Forever Begins”]Source: 4 of 7
5. “Playing on a field of hard times/ These struggles like the yard line/ that I gain from/ Nowhere is where I came from.” [“Any Given Sunday”]Source: 5 of 7
6. “Life is an obstacle/ As I maneuver through the manure I try to be responsible. [“Book of Life”]Source: 6 of 7
7. “In relationships, I stand my ground. For example, I like to go to church on New Year’s Eve—to spend that time with God. My ex would always want me to go somewhere with her instead, and when I did, I’d regret it. Now I’ll just say to a woman I’m dating, ‘I’m going to church—and I’ll meet you right after.’” [Interview, Oprah]Source: 7 of 7
#IssaCouple: Common Says Angela Rye Is A ‘Wonderful Woman’ was originally published on hellobeautiful.com