Source: Dimitrios Kambouris / Getty
Solange let it be known on her revered album A Seat At The Table not to touch her hair — but she didn’t say we couldn’t talk about it.
On Wednesday, the “Cranes In The Sky” singer took to Instagram to debut her new blonde, short cut and the Internet wasted no time praising the queen for her being such a style risk-taker:
But of course, there are some folks who aren’t here for Solo’s new ‘do”
Despite the mixed reviews, we wouldn’t be surprised if Solo’ blonde cut would soon become a natural hair trend.
With Kelis chopping her hair off, Sanaa Lathan going bald and Solange‘s bold blonde ‘do, it’s safe to say that having little to no hair is the new wave. Sorry Lupita Nyong’o and Amber Rose that the world is just now catching on.
30 Times Solange Knowles Slayed The Fashion Game
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Solange Knowles puts a spin on all white for her wedding.
1 of 30
2. The slayage needs a moment.
2 of 30
3. She really pulled no punches at the 2016 Met Gala.
3 of 30
4. Solange shows off her long legs in a colorful 'fit she paired with natural locks.
4 of 30
5. Stunning at the 2012 Met Gala.
5 of 30
6. Baby in blue.
6 of 30
7. What style, what a smile.
7 of 30
8. Solo goes braless at the 2016 Regent Street Flagship store opening in London.
8 of 30
9. She even slays her everyday 'fits.
9 of 30
10. When your style comes in different shapes and sizes.
10 of 30
11. Carven fashion show in Paris.
11 of 30
12. Solange kills all white at the 'Gloss: The Work Of Chris Von Wangenheim' Book Launch Party.
12 of 30
13. She's always ready for her close-up.
13 of 30
14. Solange goes floral with a red lippie.
14 of 30
15. Front row at the 2016 Prabal Gurung NY Fashion Week show.
15 of 30
16. Solo's got many talents - getting the party live is one of 'em.
16 of 30
17. Pretty in pink.
17 of 30
18. Seriously gorgeous at this year's NY Fashion Week.
18 of 30
19. She always shows out for her man.
19 of 30
20 of 30
21. Solange's color palette knows no bounds.
21 of 30
22. A close-up of Solo show-stopping in L.A.
22 of 30
23. Pretty in purple.
23 of 30
24. Solo embraces NY's Spring weather in a casual, but super cute 'fit.
24 of 30
25. Bonnaroo looks good on baby girl.
25 of 30
26. Look at her rock the 2013 Bonnaroo Music And Arts Festival stage.
26 of 30
27. Glamour girl.
27 of 30
28. Can you handle it?
28 of 30
29. Money green at the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards.
29 of 30
30. Pure perfection.
30 of 30