When you think of Drake you think of his style, brand and most of all his music. But rarely ever do people think about his upbringing, specifically his famous daddy Dennis Graham. He has a new song out called Kinda Crazy which was featured in the Virginia Black commercial with his son Drake.
“We did that in a Beverly Hills. It was quite a production,” explained Graham.
Graham has been in the music business for a long time and other than his son Drake, he has family in the business like Larry Graham.
Tom had to ask if ever played music with his cousin. “No I never did, I had my own little band out in LA back in the 70’s,” he said. But they did hang out quite a bit.
Drake has become such an icon in the world of music, who you’ve got to wonder if his father ever saw that coming for him.
I mean like I used to dress him up to look like Lionel Richie back in the day,” laughed Graham. “When he was a little boy, he had something, I could look at him and tell he had something.”
“When he was 8 years old he said, ‘Dad I’m going to do more movies than you ever did and more music than you,’” explained Graham. They made a bet and in 2009 he had to pay his son after he passed him in music.”
Drake Hosts The 2014 ESPYS! [PHOTOS]
1. Orlando Scandrick & Draya Michele1 of 12
2. Sloane Stephens2 of 12
3. Skylar Diggins & Drake3 of 12
4. Colin Kaepernick & Chrissy Teigan4 of 12
5. Skylar Diggins & Drake5 of 12
6. LoLo Jones6 of 12
7. Iggy Azalea & Nick Young7 of 12
8. Taye Diggs & Amanza Smith Brown8 of 12
9. Keri Hilson9 of 12
10. Dan Marino, Kevin Durant & Peyton Manning10 of 12
11. Maria Sharapova & Floyd Mayweather11 of 12
12. Drake & Lance Stephenson12 of 12
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Drake’s Daddy Talks New Music & Seeing Talent In Drake was originally published on blackamericaweb.com