According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollet’s lawyers Todd Pugh and Victor Henderson released the following statement:
“Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with.”
“He has now been further victimised by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.”
Smollett last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- ‘My Beautiful Home’: Donald Trump Whines After The FBI Raided His Mar-a-Lago Resort
- Serena Williams To Retire From Tennis Following US Open
- I Hate The Homies Podcast “A Happy Ending?” | Episode 12
- Diva’s Daily Dirt: Beyoncé Makes History + Nicki Minaj Set To Be Honored
- 4 Times Meagan Good Showed Off Her Fashion And Poise
- Fetty Wap Arrested for Sending Death Threats, Waving Gun on FaceTime
- GoFundMe Set For Black Mother Of 6 Found Stabbed To Death In Philadelphia
- Gabrielle Union Shares Nude Photo: ‘Naked & Unafraid’
- Ludacris Is Launching His Own Doll To Accompany His Children’s Netflix Series, Karma’s World
- Mike Tyson Rips Hulu Over Upcoming Series: “They Stole My Life Story And Didn’t Pay Me”