Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to the 16-count indictment against him Thursday in a Chicago courtroom, according to TMZ.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Smollett on 16 felony counts of lying to authorities about being the victim of a brutal racist and homophobic beating by two masked men in downtown Chicago back in January.
His next court date is scheduled for April 17 but according to TMZ, he will be allowed to travel to L.A. and NY for meetings with his lawyers.
- Jess Hilarious Accused of Racism After Posting Video of Sikh Man Boarding Her Flight
- Why Mariah Carey’s “A No No” Remix Is a Big No No
- Michael Jackson’s Daughter Paris Denies Suicide Attempt
- Report: Michael Jackson’s Daughter Paris In Hospital After Suicide Attempt [UPDATE]
- 6 WTF Cartoon Conspiracy Theories That Prove Your Childhood Was A Lie
- Kyle Massey of “That’s So Raven” Accused of Sending Nude Photos to 13-Year-Old In New Lawsuit
- Soulja Boy Arrested…Again
- Black Woman Calls Cops On Neighbor Who Threatened Her With A Shotgun, Gets Arrested Instead
- Prayers Up: Celebrities (And Donald Trump) React To Deadly New Zealand Christchurch Shooting
- Cardi B Gives Advice To Fans Battling Depression