Purdue star Carsen Edwards will forgo his senior season and depart for the NBA, he announced in a statement on social media Sunday.
“For as long as I can remember, it has been a dream to play in the NBA,” Edwards wrote. “I feel that time is now. … This is the beginning of a new journey and I am thankful for everyone’s support and I am ready for the next chapter in my life.”
The junior guard averaged 24.6 points per game this season to lead the Big Ten in scoring, and he helped lead the Boilermakers to an Elite Eight appearance this year in the NCAA tournament, where they eventually lost to No. 1 seed Virginia. He was also named to the First Team All-Big Ten team and is an All-American.
With a 6-foot-1 frame, Edwards will have an opportunity this summer to win over critics in the draft process and if all goes well, he could potentially work his way into late first-round consideration.
- Open Lines July 12, 2020
- Jada Pinkett Smith Confirms August Alsina Relationship: “I Just Wanted To Feel Good”
- The Lo Down: 5 People Arrested In Connection With Pop Smoke’s Murder + Is Khloe Kardashian Currently Engaged?!
- The Latest Update on Former ‘Glee’ Actress Naya Rivera’s Disappearance
- Dr. Collier Answers Should Students Return To School This Fall [WATCH]
- Billy Sorrells File: You Do Not Have The Stomach Your Kids Have! [WATCH]
- Who’s Cappin’?! Why We Can’t Take Kanye West For President Serious! [VIDEO]
- Billy Sorrells File: Would You Snitch On Your Girlfriend for $25,000?! [VIDEO]
- Tiffany Haddish Does The Big Chop + Teyana Taylor Helps Black-Owned Nail Designer Sell Out [VIDEO]
- Kyrie Irving Produces TV Special For Breonna Taylor + COVID-19 Resurgence Puts Travel In Peril [VIDEO]