Keke Palmer took the time during Black History Month to give viewers of her show ABC show, Strahan, Sarah & Keke, a lesson on the history of black hair!
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Palmer took us back to our roots to 3500 B.C. starting with braids all the way to the present with the passing of The Crown Act. In true Palmer style, she also snuck in a little read into her lesson that touching our lovely coils, curls, and locks is NOT permitted!
Palmer also shared on her Instagram page, Keke shared how she was teased as a child about her hair, “As a little girl that was a source of anxiety for me ‘uh oh, the hair conversation’ but as I got older the more I stopped letting others project their ignorance and confusion about my hair on to me,” she wrote. “Just because someone else doesn’t understand it, doesn’t mean you have to own it. I am who I am and it just is what it is.”
Check out her lesson:
- Chuck D Shares His Thoughts On The Political Climate Heading Into The 2020 Election [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- The Lo’ Down: NeNe Leakes Slams Andy Cohen & Wendy Williams [VIDEO]
- Enter In For The Chance To Win A Copy Of WWE 2K Battlegrounds! [CLICK HERE]
- ‘Power Book II: Ghost’ Recap: Business Is Booming For Riq & Monet Is Trying To Crown “The Prince” of The Tejada Family
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Co-Signs Joe Biden & Kamala Harris
- Kanye West Visits Haiti, Gets Tour From President
- Open Lines Show September 27, 2020
- Paul Pierce Claimed Today’s Players In The NBA Are Scared of LeBron James, Of Course, He Got Clowned
- T.I. Shares What Tory Lanez Told Him About The Megan Thee Stallion Shooting Situation
- Issa Rae Is Now The Co-Owner And New Face Of Sienna Naturals
#BlackGirlMagic:KeKe Palmer Gives A Lesson In Black Hair History On Her Show! was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com