Indianapolis Colts legend Edgerrin James finally took his place among the legends of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. James’ speech was heartfelt, touching on some of the perceptions that have been around him in his career, his family, and his teammates with the Colts. James’ hair (making his hall of fame bust one of the best in Canton), and gold teeth added to the speculation that he spoke on and help led him to his place among history. Edge proclaimed and rightly so that he is a “proud black man,” a lion, and his hair is his mane.
Since some in the media looked at Edge with his hair and golds like he was an inmate in jail, James had a message for you.
I’m locked up in the Canton Correctional Institute, “Inmate No. 336 in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.”
One piece from his final message: “Proudly represent the real you. Follow your dreams, aim high and create the life you want to live. And to all those who have been judged prematurely because of their appearance, the way they speak, where they come from and in the minds of many should be locked up in prison, I represent us.”
Congrats Edge on your enshrinement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame!
Meet The Rookies: Here Are The Indianapolis Colts 2021 NFL Draft Picks
1. Round 1, Pick 21: Michigan Defensive End Kwity PayeSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Kwity Paye Highlights2 of 14
3. Round 2, Pick 54: Vanderbilt Defensive End Dayo OdeyingboSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Dayo Odeyingbo Highlights4 of 14
5. Round 4, Pick 127: SMU Tight End Kylen GransonSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Kylen Granson Highlights6 of 14
7. Round 5, Pick 165: Florida Safety Shawn DavisSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Shawn Davis Highlights8 of 14
9. Round 6, Pick 218: Texas Quarterback Sam EhlingerSource:Getty 9 of 14
10. Sam Ehlinger Highlights10 of 14
11. Round 7, Pick 229: Charleston Wide Receiver Mike Strachan
11 of 14
12. Mike Strachan Highlights12 of 14
13. Round 7, Pick 248: Penn State Guard Will FriesSource:Getty 13 of 14
14. Will Fries Highlights14 of 14
Edgerrin James Enters The Pro Football Hall of Fame [Watch] was originally published on wtlcfm.com